Technology is transforming rapidly.
Technology is transforming rapidly. Products are becoming more intelligent and efficient, with integration of mechatronics systems into the product design. Product designs are becoming complex and involves multiple physics which makes it difficult and expensive to test physical prototypes for all its operating conditions. Nevertheless, companies need to rapidly innovate and develop best and reliable products to stay afloat in market. In order to achieve this, CAE simulation is adopted at a very early stages product design by all industries and manufacturers. CAE solutions helps in building a digital twin of the product to virtually validate the behavior of the product in it’s challenging operating conditions.
Computer-aided engineering (CAE) has long proven its value as a troubleshooting and analysis tool, but is generally perceived as slow, delivering accurate results too late to drive development. The simulation process with traditional CAE tools is slow due to tedious geometry clean-up processes, and simulation disciplines are disconnected from each other, hampering efficient workflows.
Simcenter 3D stands out of all the available 3D CAE tools due to its open and scalable environment which has capability to handle multiple physics in a unified CAD embedded interface. Multiple disciplines like Strength, Vibration, durability, Kinematics, Dynamics, NVH, acoustics, Rotor dynamics, flow, heat transfer and the interaction between these disciplines along with specific functionalities for transmission design, composites, material modelling and additive manufacturing makes it a comprehensive solution for all your present and future requirements. Integration into NX CAD environment, results in streamlined user experience ruling out need for multiple tool for different physics
Why Simcenter 3D?
Traditional simulation tools are a set of disconnected, domain-specific applications, that means each type of domain, such as structural, thermal, or flow w analysis, each has its own pre/post processor and solver which create redundancy and impede data flow between simulation domains for more complex analyses which is time consuming. In contrast to the traditional simulation tools, Simcenter 3D,
- Integrates pre/post processing and solver into a common platform to streamline simulation workflows and data flows.
- Simcenter 3D includes direct geometry editing capabilities powered by synchronous technology, combining the flexibility of direct modeling with the best of dimension- and constraint-driven techniques to provide you with the most control. Analyst can use this feature to rapidly modify the geometry prior to meshing.
- Keep your model up-to-date with the latest design through geometry associativity. Multiple design iterations can be done in minimal time due to automatic update of geometry and meshing when you do modification to FEA model.
- Simcenter 3D open solver architecture allows you perform simulation with third party solver to leverage both pre/post capabilities and solver capability at the same time.
- Allows simulation results to be visible by the broader engineering organization to be used to predict performance earlier rather than simply verify a product passes requirements
- Removes resource constraints to enable a more flexible and responsive simulation team.