Technology is transforming rapidly.
Technology is transforming rapidly. Products are becoming more intelligent and efficient, with integration of mechatronics systems into the product design. Product designs are becoming complex and involves multiple physics which makes it difficult and expensive to test physical prototypes for all its operating conditions. Nevertheless, companies need to rapidly innovate and develop best and reliable products to stay afloat in market. In order to achieve this, CAE simulation is adopted at a very early stages product design by all industries and manufacturers. CAE solutions helps in building a digital twin of the product to virtually validate the behavior of the product in it’s challenging operating conditions.
Computer-aided engineering (CAE) has long proven its value as a troubleshooting and analysis tool, but is generally perceived as slow, delivering accurate results too late to drive development. The simulation process with traditional CAE tools is slow due to tedious geometry clean-up processes, and simulation disciplines are disconnected from each other, hampering efficient workflows.
Simcenter 3D stands out of all the available 3D CAE tools due to its open and scalable environment which has capability to handle multiple physics in a unified CAD embedded interface. Multiple disciplines like Strength, Vibration, durability, Kinematics, Dynamics, NVH, acoustics, Rotor dynamics, flow, heat transfer and the interaction between these disciplines along with specific functionalities for transmission design, composites, material modelling and additive manufacturing makes it a comprehensive solution for all your present and future requirements. Integration into NX CAD environment, results in streamlined user experience ruling out need for multiple tool for different physics
Why Simcenter 3D?
Traditional simulation tools are a set of disconnected, domain-specific applications, that means each type of domain, such as structural, thermal, or flow w analysis, each has its own pre/post processor and solver which create redundancy and impede data flow between simulation domains for more complex analyses which is time consuming. In contrast to the traditional simulation tools, Simcenter 3D,
- Integrates pre/post processing and solver into a common platform to streamline simulation workflows and data flows.
- Simcenter 3D includes direct geometry editing capabilities powered by synchronous technology, combining the flexibility of direct modeling with the best of dimension- and constraint-driven techniques to provide you with the most control. Analyst can use this feature to rapidly modify the geometry prior to meshing.
- Keep your model up-to-date with the latest design through geometry associativity. Multiple design iterations can be done in minimal time due to automatic update of geometry and meshing when you do modification to FEA model.
- Simcenter 3D open solver architecture allows you perform simulation with third party solver to leverage both pre/post capabilities and solver capability at the same time.
- Allows simulation results to be visible by the broader engineering organization to be used to predict performance earlier rather than simply verify a product passes requirements
- Removes resource constraints to enable a more flexible and responsive simulation team.
How will Simcenter 3D will benefit you?
Simcenter 3D offers a single integrated environment to accurately model and analyze complex problems involving multi-physics.
Simcenter 3D can be easily integrated with your broader systems engineering processes and tools resulting in better data management letting you track information throughout the development process and can help you correlate your 3D simulation models with your 1D systems models and physical test to deliver confidence on your simulations.
Simcenter 3D offers best-in-class geometry editing tools, meshing, and a unique feature to associate the analysis model to design data. This helps engineers speed the exhaustive modeling process while keeping the analysis models in sync with the latest design thus helping in faster design-analysis iterations.
All of Simcenter 3D’s solutions are integrated within a unified, scalable, and extensible environment. This means the same familiar user interface is applied to all solutions, and reduces training costs for the department. It also gives a common environment on which to build automated routines to drive simulation processes.
And finally, Simcenter 3D’s common interface mean it’s much easier for engineering departments to capture simulation knowledge and leverage that industry expertise by automating it, and deploying it to a broader team. This can help simulation teams become more flexible and adjust resources to meet fluctuating demand.
Acoustics became critical performance factor, with growing demand for quieter products especially in defense and medical fields. Simcenter 3d offers interior and exterior acoustic analysis within an integrated solution that helps to make informed decisions in the early design stages which helps to optimize product’s acoustic performance.
- Minimizes the model preparation time with custom modelling tools aimed at speeding up the interior and exterior acoustics simulation process, thus enhancing productivity.
- Efficiently solves acoustics, vibro-acoustics and flow-induced noise problems from a single interface
- Simulate acoustic performance for interior, exterior or mixed interior-exterior problems
- Speed up multiple RPM acoustic computations involving engines, gearboxes and rotating components
- Dedicated acoustic modeling capabilities, efficient solvers and easy-to-interpret visualization tools allow you to quickly gain insight into a design’s acoustic performance for uncoupled acoustics, coupled vibro-acoustics
With the advances in material science, new composite materials which are tougher, lighter and high temperature resistance are being rapidly used in aerospace, automobile and consumer goods industries.It is expensive to create prototypes of products made from composites, so simulation plays a key role in the development of new products using laminate composite materials. Simcenter 3d with its leading edge composite analysis speeds up the entire process for simulating laminate composite materials through a seamless connection to composites design, accurate solvers and post-processing.
- Reduce laminate model creation time by choosing between zone-based modeling, ply-based modeling or a mixture of both approaches.
- Open solver architecture of to perform state-of-the-art dynamic, nonlinear, progressive failure and delamination simulations.
- Digital workflows that allow users to predict classical first-ply failure, stress, thermal and thermomechanical co-simulation of composites.
Durability in industrial applications, achieving cost efficiencies depends on critical parts that are typically subjected to large dynamic multiaxial load cases. Any metal component subjected to dynamic loading cycles can be efficiently optimized using Simcenter 3d.
With the shift of systems from being purely mechanical to smart mechatronic systems brought a significant role of electromagnetics in product development designers now had to deal with new challenges. In order to deliver products that are higher in efficiency, reliability, compatibility, and durability its necessary to predict complex fields and waves behave and change.
Simcenter offers distinct low and high-frequency electromagnetic simulation capabilities for the unique demands in each domain.
With the range of dedicated solvers (time and frequency based, linear and nonlinear, finite and boundary element) simcenter 3D allows user to expand insight into the performance of electromechanical components, energy conversion, design and siting of antennas, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and electromagnetic interference (EMI).
Simcenter 3D structural module helps industries with their critical engineering computing needs so they can produce safe, reliable and optimized designs within increasingly shorter design cycles.
- Accurately predict structural failure & study linear statics, fatigue, and nonlinear analysis all in one environment
- Perform accurate, reliable structural analysis with the integrated solver
- Increase product quality by rapidly simulating design tradeoff studies
- Efficiently manages large, complex analysis models
- Capture and automate best practices and commonly used processes
- Easily add multidiscipline simulation capabilities as your analysis needs grow
Simcenter™ 3D software offers a complete solution for modeling nonlinear and transient heat transfer &Fluid flow phenomena, accounting for conduction, convection, radiation and phase change. These provide flexibility and ease-of-use while addressing complex thermal challenges
Simcenter 3D Motion solution offers modeling and simulation that helps engineers understand and predict the functional behavior of mechanisms. It delivers a complete and robust set of capabilities to support all aspects of advanced dynamic, static and kinematics motion simulation
Simcenter 3D software optimization solutions relieve the burden of improving product designs by automating the iterative process. This enables designers to compare your design’s performance against specifications.
Body-in-white (BIW) modeling is a time-consuming process that requires a connection between hundreds of FE components. Simcenter 3D Engineering Desktop helps toautomate and reduce the time spent on BIW modeling.
The software gives you the ability to study all automotive subsystems such as :
- Structure, composite & dynamic analysis for chassis, power train components
- Motion and controls study of tire models, suspensions, driving assistance systems
- NVH -Acoustic analysis to avoid passenger dis-comfort and failure due to vibrations and noise.
- Thermo-Fluid analysis of systems like HVAC, Power train under-hood cooling, thermo mechanical behavior of braking systems, intake manifolds, fuel injection systems.
- Durability analysis for Inter/intralaminar damage growth in composites, fatigue analysis, XFEM for crack propagation in metallic structures.
The aeronautic industry is facing a lot of challenges, starting from the increasing complexity of products, involving to switch from the design of mechanical components, to the design of smart systems integrating mechanical, electrical and control aspects. In the same time, the different needs related to mass reduction and increase of fuel efficiency have the consequence that this industry moves from known material and production methods (namely metallic materials) to mixed materials, novel production methods, like for example additive manufacturing.
The response to these CAE challenges is SIMCENTER 3D, a pre/post processor and engineering Desktop for the aeronautic and aerospace industry. It offers a broad range of physics simulation solutions in a single environment and includes :
- Structural & Dynamic analysis: Fuselage, Wings, composite parts, Rotor dynamics & all large FEM assemblies
- Thermal & Flow Analysis : Cabin air conditioning system, air frames, aero engine
- Vibration & NVH analysis : jet engines & other operating surfaces to ensure cabin comfort
- Durability analysis: to ensure damage tolerant design by predicting fatigue in metallic & composite structures.
- Motion control: operating surfaces like rudder, slats, flaps, valves, actuators
Due to the harsh marine environment and extreme temperature of transmission medium, the marine Structures needs to bear both the tensile and bending loads caused by marine environments and the ultra-low temperature load caused by transmission medium. New regulatory initiatives have placed additional restrictions on uses of sound in the ocean: mitigation of marine-mammal endangerment is now an integral consideration in acoustic-system design and operation.
- Simcenter 3d offers a broad range of physics simulation solutions in a single environment which includes:
- Structural, Composites & Dynamic analysis : Stiffness, deformation, strength, Hulls(Skin rupture), Structural strength of bulkhead
- Thermal & Flow Analysis : Propulsion systems, hull
- Motion & Controls : simulate how rudder systems perform in addition to other on-board mechanisms.
- Acoustics & NVH analysis : complex underwater radiation from ship hulls, propellers and submarine hull reflections of sonar waves.
- Electromagnetics : antenna placement and minimization of radar signature, performance of propulsion motors, energy storage systems and rails can also be predicted
Unlike in aero and auto, electronics development cycles are very short, usually measured in months. Physical testing is not nearly as expensive, but can be too time consuming given the development cycle pressures. Electronics also doesn’t have the vast experience with CAE as other industries, but starting to see more, Particularly for thermal performance, mechatronic systems, and drop testing.
Some of the applications for which Simcenter 3d is widely used are:
- Hand-held equipment – Drop simulation, plastic component stress
- Printed circuit boards (PCB) – Thermal stress and distortion, solder joint strength
- Electronic boxes – Bracket strength, modal frequency
- Electronic boxes – electronics cooling & flow analysis
- Printed circuit boards - Thermal/mechanical for stress and distortion